Tom A. Anderson is a licensed Psychologist with over thirty year of clinical experience. He works with adults, adolescents, and children in individual, couple, family and group therapy settings.
Dr. Anderson completed his Doctorate at the University of Tennessee and his APA approved internship at the Wichita Collaborative Internship Program. Dr. Anderson has been trained and certified with 10 years of experience using EMDR and other treatments for Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder.
Dr. Anderson has provides multimedia seminars to patients in parenting, ADHD, OCD, and anger management. Dr. Anderson screens and treats a wide variety of Psychological disorders. His treatment philosophy is simple, “Make sure the diagnosis is correct, educate about it, and then treat it.” Dr. Anderson believes in providing as much education to the patient about their situation, disorder or treatment as necessary to help them reach their goals and overcome obstacles. Effective treatment and skill building also keeps the patient thoroughly in charge of their progress.
Dr. Anderson’s experience and specialties include:
- Anxiety, Panic, Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, Fears (Social), PTSD (see link below)
- Depressions, Grief/Loss, Bi-Polar Disorder, Anger Management
- Family Therapy, Parenting Issues, School Difficulties, Oppositional Defiance Disorder, Behavior
- Marital Therapy, Divorce, Separation, Step-Family Issues, Transition
- Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder